The role will be responsible for:
• Leading a team of project managers to deliver various projects under the Integrated Aluminium Industry Implementation Programme including projects
to develop new mines and refineries, the modernization of the aluminium smelter and the implementation of the Downstream Aluminium Industry.
• The engagement of external stakeholders for the
Implementation of the Integrated Aluminium Development Master Plan including representatives from
MDAs (Ministries, Departments and Agencies).
• Leading the Programme Management Office to deliver centralised and coordinated project management for internal company projects.
• Overseeing the secure and effective operation of all
computer systems, related applications, hardware,
software and network infrastructure
(Attach org chart showing manager, direct reports and peers)
1. Reports to Chief Executive Officer
2. Peers Heads of Departments/Executive Management Team
3. Direct Reports
• Senior Project Manager – Infrastructure
• Senior Project Manager – IAI Projects
• Project Manager
• IT Manager
- Budget responsibility: Team size
- Detailed in performance objectives
1. Ministry of Trade and Industry
2. Ministry of Railways Development
3. Ministry of Roads and Highways
4. Other MDAs (Ministries, Departments and Agencies)
Key Result Areas
1. Strategic Leadership
2. Programme Management and Overseeing all Internal Projects
3. Oversee and direct the development and implementation of all IT initiatives and systems.
4. Maintain and Deliver Integrated Aluminium Industry Master Plan
5. Stakeholder Engagement
6. IT Management
• Develop and execute the strategic vision for the Programme Management and IT Department in alignment with the company’s overall objectives.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the team, ensuring a cohesive and collaborative work environment.
Programme Management and overseeing all Internal Projects
• Oversee the planning, execution, and monitoring of internal and external projects to ensure alignment with organizational goals and timelines.
• Provide leadership and guidance to project managers, fostering a culture of accountability and excellence.
• Establish and maintain project management frameworks, methodologies, and best practices.
• Actively identify business improvement opportunities for departments, in alignment with the company strategy.
• Identify project and programme delivery risks, create risk mitigation and implement action plans,
reporting to senior management when necessary.
• Oversee Business Partner projects for assigned departments and ensure the overall departmental project roadmap is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of company strategic objectives.
• Prepare monthly Programme Management reports for management team and CEO’s Board Report.
• Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure the success of project management and IT initiatives.
Maintain and Deliver Integrated Aluminium Industry Master Plan
• Lead a team of project managers to deliver various projects under the Integrated Aluminium Industry Implementation Programme including projects to develop new mines and refineries, the modernization of the aluminium smelter and the implementation of the Downstream Aluminium Industry.
• Through a number of working groups, responsible for overseeing the implementation of supporting aspects of the IAI master plan, including infrastructure development and stakeholder engagement.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Oversee Working Groups for Transport, Power, Environment and Industrialisation.
• Communicate effectively with executive leadership, project teams, and other key stakeholders to
provide updates on project status, risks, and mitigation strategies.
• Direct the IT strategy to support the organisation's overall objectives, ensuring the effective use of technology in project management and daily operations.
• Stay abreast of technological trends, recommending and implementing innovative solutions to enhance business operations.
• A minimum 1st Degree in a related field from a reputable tertiary institution.
• A postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
• A Project Management Certification (PMP OR PRINCE2)
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant post qualification working experience in Project and Programme Management.
• Mining or Extractive Industry experience is preferred.
• Experience in an IT Leadership role as well.
• Strong understanding of project management methodologies, tools, and techniques.
• Excellent leadership and team management skills
• Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and
• Experience leading a team of project managers.
• Extensive client-facing, stakeholder management experience
• Significant experience of management engagement
with multiple stakeholders.
• Strong programme management and people management skills
• Proven leadership skills.
Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to contribute effectively to Senior Management team.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Outstanding written and verbal communicationskills.
• Attention to detail.
• Well-developed leadership and people management skills.
• Excellent analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong negotiation, persuasion and conflict management skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Strong ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of employees.
• Ability to work effectively independently and as a highly resourceful team player under pressure and within deadlines.
• Creative and innovative thinker, who actively presents new opportunities, proposes solutions and recommends best practices.
• Exhibits a positive attitude and professional demeanor.