Welcome to the official page of the 2019 National Project Management Conference
The 2019 National Project Management Conference is here again! Brain and experience packed professional learning and networking. 10th to 11th April, 2019. Come and learn practical knowledge from experienced professionals. Register now and secure your place!
This year, PMI – Ghana Chapter will be organizing the 2019 National Project Management Conference themed “Executing Ghana’s Transformation Agenda through Effective Project Management” it will be held at The Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences, Accra-Ghana from 10 to 11 April 2019.
This is the leading project management educational and networking event in Ghana. This event provides the chance to gather the know-how and inspiration needed for project management success, as well as offering up to 10 PDUs towards the maintenance of PMI credentials.
The maiden conference was held at Accra International Conference Center in Accra with over
The Conference will focus on topics relevant to organizations, industries and the economic development of Ghana and Africa.
PMI is the world’s leading not-for-profit membership association for the project management profession, with more than half a million members and credential holders in 185 countries. PMI’s worldwide advocacy for project management is supported by our globally-recognized standards and credentials, extensive research program and professional development opportunities.
PMI sets industry standards, conducts research and provides education, certification and professional exchange opportunities designed to strengthen and further establish the profession. PMI advances the careers of practitioners, while enhancing overall business and government performance through documentation of return on investment. PMI is headquartered in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, USA and has regional service centers in Brussels, Belgium and Lelystad, The Netherlands.
Please send your enquiries to: 2019Conference@pmi-ghana.org
Join Us For PMI-Ghana 2019 National Project Management Conference
10-11 April | Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences, Accra Ghana
Interested in Being a Presenter at the 2019 National Project Management Conference?
Abstracts are being requested from active and PM credentialed project, program and portfolio professionals on topics that address or are related to the optimum delivery of value-for-money projects, initiatives, programs, and policies for governments, businesses, academic institutions, NGO’s, and practitioners.
The following areas are of greatest interest, we welcome new ideas, concepts and experiences associated with them and how they relate to Executing Ghana's Transformation Agenda through Effective Project Management
Leadership & Management
Earned Value Management
Business Analysis & Requirements Management
Oil & Gas Governance
Project Benefit Management
Program & Portfolio Management
Uncertainties in project delivery
Ethics and social responsibility in project management
Abstracts with bio and photo are due Thursday, 28 February 2019
Paper selections will be announced by Friday, 14 March 2019
Email abstract, bio and photo should be sent directly to 2019Conference@pmi-ghana.org
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
The length of the abstract should be between 150 and 250 words
Abstracts must be in MS Office Word format
Papers must not have been previously published
Papers and presentations should be free of commercial sales content
Papers and presentations should focus on the subject of the title and provide new contributions to the topic.
For additional information or questions, send an email to 2019Conference@pmi-ghana.org
Account Name: PMI Ghana Chapter
Bank Name: GT Bank
Payment mode: A/C No: 206105438110
MTN Mobile Money number - 024 864 7965. Name is PMI Ghana Chapter
The Project Management Professional (PMP) credential is offered by the Project Management Institute primarily for experienced project managers. Listed below are some details regarding this credential, but full details are available on the PMP Overview page on the PMI website.
|PM Experience Hours||4500||7500|
|PM Experience Months||36||60|
|PM Education Hours||35||35|
Once you have earned your PMP credential, you will need to retain it by earning 60Professional Development Units (PDUs) in each 3-year PMP cycle. More information about PDUs is available on the Earn PDUs page in our Certification section.
Since 2011 the Chapter's membership has grown across every region of the country with its members profile cutting across every industry and delivering significant projects and services from Healthcare, Energy, Telecommunications, Finance, Construction, IT, Aviation, Agriculture, Engineering, Education etc.
As the preferred hub for all Project Management related issues across the country, the Ghana Chapter empowers its members and volunteers with quality programs, coaching, mentoring, project health diagnostic skills and experiences that provides exceptional value delivery solutions to organizations, businesses and governments.
The Chapter also offer project management and earned value management programs, professional networking and on-site project tours and analysis to anyone actively engaged or interested in project and program management.
2019 is a wonderful year, and we are happy to travel this awesome journey with you in delivering greater business value to your stakeholders.
Jumoke Lafenwa B.Eng., MBA, PMP®, PMI-PBA® SMC™, SAMC™
Want to learn from the industry players through webinars?
Below are links to PMI Ghana chapter webinars:
1. April 2017- Project Monitoring & Controlling vs Project Monitoring & Evaluation
2. Online Webinar by Mr E.K Deku... Improving Project Mgt using traditional african values ...." The role of African Traditional and religious values in managing project in Africa. " August 2017
3. By Emmanuel Amankwanor, PMP, PMI -ACP Agile, Project Management Trainer. September 2017.
4. Enhancing value through Project Portfolio Management by Mr Issah Abdul-Wahab, PMP, PgMP, PfMP. October 2017.
5. Understanding and Aligning Finance with Project, Program & Portfolio Management” By: Robert Gidisu , PMP 2nd Nov 2017.
6. 12. Perspectives from the Construction Industry in Ghana By Saviour Ayertey Nubuor, BA,MBA,PMP, PhD (Cand.). November 2017
7. By Surv. Mawutor Komla Attah ;PMP, PMI-SP, PMI-RMP, MILT, AssocRICS, MGIOC, MCISM. December 2017.
8. God's quality management systems By Professor Cyril Schandorf. June 2018.
9. Eaned value management- The incredible performance tool of project managers By: Augustine Harrington-Nunoo. August 2018.
10. Capitalizing on lessons learned to improve project outcomes By Dr Sena Agbodjah Agyepong ( PMP ), Senior Lecturer, Ashesi University. September 2018.
11. The distinguished project manager. October 2018.
12. The nature and challenges of global competition for todays business By;Dr Kofi Mbiah, former CEO of Ghana Shippers Authority. November 2018.
13. PMI webinar - GEPLANUS by Jose Roberto Cavacante Alvis. December 2018